The American Institute of Architects (aka the AIA), celebrating its 150th Anniversary, put together a website of America’s favorite architecture. The list was compiled by polling its members. The result is a collection of 150 buildings, bridges, monuments and memorials which users can vote on.
What’s nice is that they have added models to Google Earth, so user can see the location, and see the landmarks in 3D
My personal favorites? (from the list provided by the site)
- Grand Central Terminal, New York
- The Vietnam War Memorial, Washington DC
- Brooklyn Bridge, New York
- The Getty Center, Los Angeles
- Seattle Public Library, Seattle
Of course, my selections are skewed towards building in New York that have personal significance and buildings I have actually visited.